IGES INSTITUT GMBH
Benefits derived from the activity of the Center for Innovation in Medicine and Healthcare
The work done by ZIM is intended to benefit all persons and institutions potentially affected by innovations.
Patient groups benefit by being able to provide their members with
- up-to-date information on future therapeutic op-tions and
- comprehensive and evaluated reports on specific diseases.
Suppliers of products and services can benefit by being able to
- set up new forms of healthcare based on out-standing innovations (integrated care, disease-management programs) at an early stage of their development,
- better plan their future range of products and services,
- react to market trends and take advantage of new market segments.
Health insurance companies and other funding bod-ies will benefit through
- early evaluation of the cost impact of emerging technologies
- a more targeted use of assessment instruments (health technology assessments),
- early removal of obsolete technologies from the range of covered products and services.
Manufacturers benefit by being able to
- identify competitors and competing processes,
- measure their products against the expected health use of future products (benchmarking).
Legislators benefit because they can
- look into potential chances and risks of emerging technologies at an early date (parliamentary tech-nology assessments)
- quickly recognize the need for legislation and de-velop the necessary regulatory instruments.
Banks and VC companies can use prognoses and innovative trends to